EC Language Centres has announced the launch of EC Live, its revamped online learning platform. EC Live offers the same curriculum as our in-person courses, adapted for online delivery, with the same National Geographic Learning materials too and it is taught by experienced, professional teachers. The online course offers a digital certificate that can be shared to LinkedIn, used for email signatures and is shareable on other media.
“EC Live students have chosen our courses as it allows them to have regular communication in English while still being able to work or study. Our students have also chosen an EC Live course to prepare for their in-person course at one of our 22 EC destinations and to continue their learning journey after their course”, said Fiona Cox, EC Live manager. “With 4 time zones available, our students can enjoy learning in the international classroom from the comfort of their own home.
The benefits of online learning include:
- Classes are smaller than the physical classroom with 8-10 students maximum, allowing for a more intensive learning experience and increased teacher-to-student interaction.
- Lessons take place over Microsoft Teams, to enable collaboration on projects and communication with teachers and classmates.
- Flexibility is at the core and students can even add private lessons and attend free extra lessons – the same as in-person courses.
EC Live offers courses for:
- Students who wish to study at a regular time with degrees of intensity with the Standard (2 days per week) and Premium (5 days per week) offerings
- Those at intermediate level wishing to focus on fluency, accuracy, and specific Business Skills.
- On-Demand classes which can be one-to-one or a closed group which enables you to have tailored subject language training
A Pre-Lesson Task with relevant pages to read from the coursebook is set so students can then come to class prepared and fully participate, maximising their lessons. Each lesson’s objectives are outlined, and students build on the Pre-Lesson Task, learning and practising the language and skills needed to be successful in the lesson objective.
Students collaborate on MS Teams on a writing or speaking Post-Lesson Task. Each task has clear success criteria to help students self-evaluate, set their own goals and see their progress. The students discuss their work virtually with their group, and the teacher gives feedback on before the next lesson.
*EC Live was previously called EC Virtual