This used to be my go-to lunch recipe for years but has somehow fallen by the wayside. The only vital parts of the recipe are the rice, tuna, beans (of any kind), garlic, kunserva, chilli flakes and lemon juice. The rest tends to be whatever I have in the fridge at the time. I love the versatility of this recipe. It is fresh and light and perfect for spring lunches. For ultimate health use brown rice.
Tuna, rice and broad bean salad
- 1 cup rice (white or brown), cooked
- 1 tin tuna, drained of oil
- Handful fresh spinach
- Handful sugarsnap peas
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- Handful broad beans, shelled twice
- Handful marjoram leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp kunserva
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Handful walnuts, crushed
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Brown rice is going to take a little longer.
- Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Season with salt pepper, chilli and lemon juice to taste and mix well.
- Top with crushed walnuts and serve.