There is something about roasted veggies that is so comforting in the winter. Whenever you’re roasting veg for dinner, make a larger batch and make these roasted veggie pitas for your lunchbox the following the day. If you’re transporting them to the office and presentation isn’t everything, stuff the pitas instead of topping them.
Toasted pita with Jerusalem artichoke and pecorino
- 200g Jerusalem artichokes, roasted
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- ¼ cauliflower, roasted
- Pecorino shavings
- 1 sprig thyme
- Cayenne pepper
- Cut the Jerusalem artichokes in half and scoop out all the soft flesh.
- Place in a bowl and mash together with the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the pita bread and cut into triangles.
- Spread the Jerusalem artichoke spread onto the pita.
- Top with Pecorino shavings and a piece of roasted cauliflower.
- Add the sprigs of fresh thyme and sprinkle with cayenne pepper or chilli flakes.