Whenever we buy pork for roasting, we always make for two extra people so that we’ll be sure we have leftovers for sandwiches the following day. Cubanos are made using Cuban bread, which, as far as I know, is not available in Malta. I used a French baguette which is pretty delicious! Stuffed with pork, ham, Swiss cheese, Dijon mustard and pickles these are the ultimate grilled cheese sandwiches. They are best served warm, but are equally good cold, before toasting.
- 1 French baguette
- 100g roast pork
- 100g ham
- 50g Swiss cheese
- 3 dill pickles, sliced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Slice the baguette in half lengthways.
- Spread with butter and Dijon mustard.
- Add the slices of pork topped with ham and Swiss cheese.
- Add the pickles and close the sandwich with the top half of the bread.
- For best results heat in the oven until the cheese starts to melt.
- Cut the baguette in half and serve.