This is a great way to spruce up some leftover chicken. And with Christmas right around the corner, why not add some festive ingredients like dried cranberries and walnuts. If you have a lot of leftover turkey next week you could substitute it for the chicken.
Chicken, cranberry and walnut pitas
- 2 wholemeal pitas
- 2 large leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 chicken breast, roasted
- Handful cranberries
- Handful walnuts
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together the ingredients of the dressing.
- Mix the chicken, cranberries and walnuts into the dressing, making sure everything is coated.
- Warm the pita bread and cut into two.
- Line each piece of bread with a piece of lettuce and fill with chicken stuffing.