NSO: Unemployement figures drop

Data provided by Jobsplus for August 2022 indicate a year-on-year decrease of 494 persons registering under Part I, and an additional drop of 26 persons registering under

Part II of the unemployment register. Registered unemployment levels decreased across all age groups for both males and females. Males accounted for 70.7 per cent of total registrants while females accounted for the remaining 29.3 per cent.

Persons who had been registering for work for less than 21 weeks and those who had been registering between 21 and 52 weeks decreased when compared to the same month in 2021. A higher drop was recorded amongst those persons who were registering for work for more than one year.

In August 2022, the number of persons with a disability who were registering for work decreased by 52 when compared to the previous year, reaching 215 persons. Males accounted for 77.2 per cent of total registrants with a disability.

The largest share of males and females on the unemployment register sought occupations as Clerical support workers, with 20.9 per cent and 41.5 per cent respectively

Monique Chambers

Monique started succeed in 2018 and indulge in 2011. She has published two apps; Indulge Me GIFT and Indulge Me FOOD and volume 1 of The Artists Directory - Malta, as well as an audio book, Table 7. A PR and Marketing professional by trade with a Masters in Entrepreneurship, Monique's passion is to promote local talent and Malta in general.

FOLLOW US ON

Subscribe